Friday, January 04, 2013

I changed purses

Istiqlal (Independence)  5 Sharaf (Honor) - Friday,January 4, 2012 about Sunset Pacific Time

I finally did it, I changed purses. My black purse was too small, so I emptied the white purse. The white purse belonged to my mother. It has sit on the floor in her bedroom since November 29, 2012. Until today I just could not face taking her stuff out and putting mine in. Today was different, I brought the white purse into the living room and took everything out. I am putting some of the things back in. Mom's two wallets and the make-up bag. It is comforting knowing I am carrying Mom's purse.

One of Mom's wallets I will use. I will put my new driver's license in, some paper currency, and change. In her other wallet, I will put pennies. I normally do not carry pennies in my purse, I save them in a jar. I feel good about using Mom's purse because there are pleasant memories associated with it. I miss Mama, I will always miss her, but carrying her purse helps.

No comments: