Monday, October 08, 2012

The beginning of the holiday season

Kamal (Perfection), 12 Mashiyyat (Will), 169 B.E. - Monday, October 8, 2012 about 9:20 A.M. Pacific Time

It is October and the beginning of the holiday season, which means I can purchase some of the candy I like that I cannot get any other time of the year. In October, I usually purchase candy corn because I like the flavor and I cannot buy it any other time of the year. In November, I will buy turkey shaped cookies for the same reason that I buy candy corn in October. In December, I will purchase Santa Claus shaped cookies and candy canes for the same reason that I buy candy corn in October and turkey shaped cookies in November.

I like sweets. I like the memories that the holiday sweets bring to mind. When I was a child my grandmother always made turkey and Santa Clause shaped cookies for those holidays. She always bought candy corn for us around Halloween. I do not celebrate or commemorate these holidays any more, but I do buy the sweets that go along with these holidays. As each holiday approaches, I will write more about my memories of my grandparents and the way we commemorated or celebrated each holiday.

No comments: