Thursday, October 25, 2012

Another day at home in Las Vegas

Istijlál (Majesty), 10 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 169 BE – Thursday, October 25, 2012 about 1:50 PM Pacific Time

Another day spent at home mopping water off the floor. All right, I didn't use a mop instead I placed newspaper where the water was draining from the hot water heater. In addition, I attached a garden hose to the hot water heater to see if I could drain some of the water into the kitchen sink, but not water came out. I'm not sure what is causing the problem. The only thing I'm sure of is that when I stand by the hot water tank (which is turned off) I hear water dripping so I know the tank is causing the problem. The issue with the water draining onto my floor should be solved when I get a new hot water heater.

I can't have a new tank installed until I bring some items up to code. I'm in the process of getting that accomplished now. Since this is Thursday, I doubt the tank will be installed this week. This means another week of heating water in the mircorwave for dishes and sponge baths. I'm tired of this, but I'm not sure that there is much I can do about it.

I have to go to the grocery store on Friday. I don't like leaving the house with water draining onto my floor; however, I need to get laundry detergent, bread, and chocolate ice cream. I also have to purchase more hot chocolate mix and a few other items. I don't want to purchase anything until after I get everything up to code and the hot water tank in, but I to buy some stuff.

 

No comments: