Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Midweek Reflections on Leftover Coffee

'Idal (Justice), 14 Mashiyyat (Will), 169 B.E. - Wednesday, October 10, 2012 about 1:15 P.M. Pacific Time

I used the be able to finish 12-cup coffee maker full of coffee in a single day, but not any more. It takes me two days to finish 12-cups of coffee. I made a fresh carafe of coffee on Tuesday and I am just finishing it up today. Of course, I am the only person in the house drinking coffee during the week, so that may have something to do with the time it takes me to finish off a carafe of coffee.

During the week Mom goes to an adult daycare center. While she is at daycare, they feed her two meals and a snack. For breakfast she get coffee, I do not know if they serve her regular coffee or decaf. At home we drink regular coffee, so on the weekends Mom gets regular coffee for breakfast. She does not drink coffee for lunch or dinner; in fact, she does not drink coffee after 12:00 noon on the weekends.

I warm the leftover coffee up in the microwave. On the weekends, I give Mom fresh hot coffee, but not a full cup. Mom can drink only half a cup of coffee at a time. She likes hot coffee, but she forgets that she has a cup sitting next to her. If I give her half a cup at a time then she drink the coffee hot and does not say anything about cold coffee.

No comments: