Saturday, December 24, 2011

More Clearly Myself

Jalál (Glory), 13 Masá’il (Questions), 168 BE – Saturday, December 24, 2011 about 2:45 PM Pacific Time

I received this beautiful birthday card from my health care provider a week or so ago. I decided to wait until today, my birthday, to scan the picture on the front of the card and compose an entry. I was born on December 24, 1946 in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I lived in Blackwell until I enter high school.

I went to high school in Shawnee, Oklahoma, where I graduated. After Shawnee, we move to Oklahoma City where I worked as a waitress. I moved back to Blackwell to take care of my Grandparents. At the time, I thought I moved back to live with them, but I did help take care of them. My Grandparents were buried in Blackwell. I now live in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Inside the card are spaces to list my prescription and over-the-counter medication. In addition, it gives information about the preventive health screenings I need to have. The next time I go to my primary care physician, I will take the card with me and talk to her about those screenings.

More fully myself
This is what is happening
65 years old

“We did not change as we grew older, we just became more clearly ourselves.”
Lynn Hall

No comments: