Monday, December 19, 2011

A bright and beautiful Monday morning in Las Vegas

Kamál (Perfection), 8 Masá’il (Questions), 168 BE – Monday, December 19, 2011 about 9:50 AM Pacific Time

The clouds are gone, the sun is shining, and there is no rain predicted for today. I can hang the bed sheets on the line today instead of draping the wet sheets over furniture to dry in the house. It rained on the weekend, but I still had laundry to do. If I do not wash one or two loads, a day I get behind and I cannot take wet clothes to a laundromat.

I just finish hanging the sheets out and I am out of breath. I remember helping Grandma hang clothes on the line. I do not remember either Grandma or me getting out of breath from hanging four sheets on the line. Of course, when I helped Grandma I was a child and in better health. Apparently, Grandma was in better health at 64 then I am.

Today it was easier walking and carrying a clothesbasket outside then last week, so the meds my doctors prescribed are working. In addition, my leg is feeling better and looking better. However, I need to increase my stamina so that I do not get out of breath easily. Perhaps I need to join a gym to build up my stamina because doing laundry does not appear to be doing the job. I will have to talk to my primary care physician when I see her again in January.

No comments: