Saturday, December 17, 2011

One week from today

Jalál (Glory), 6 Masá’il (Questions), 168 BE – Saturday, December 17, 2011 about 4:00 PM Pacific Time

One week from today, I will be 65 years old. I will celebrate my birthday at home with my mother. I want a birthday cake, so I will wait until Friday, December 23, to bake the carrot cake I have in the cupboard. I have some chocolate in the refrigerator, so I will use it to make frosting for the carrot cake. That does not sound like an exciting birthday; however, that is my birthday now that I am over 60 years old.

It would be nice to go out for my birthday, but Mom does not go out anymore, except when she goes to the daycare center during the week. I am not sure what else we will have to eat. I have some canned chicken in the cupboard, so I will fix pasta or rice to go with it. What I would like is a piece of prime rib and a baked potato, since we are not going out to eat prime rib is out of the question.

I miss the birthdays my family celebrated as child. Even if my each of siblings did get to open, a Christmas present when I opened my birthday presents. I used to resent that, but now I miss the celebration and the chocolate cake and ice cream.

No comments: