Sunday, December 11, 2011

Two AM wake up call

Jamál (Beauty), 19 Qawl (Speech), 168 BE – Sunday, December 11, 2011 about 6:38 AM

Mom woke me up about 2:00 this morning crying. When I went into her bedroom to investigate the problem, she asked, “Where is my husband?” My parents were divorced when I was in grade school and both my parents eventually remarried.

Of course, I am not sure my mother was talking about my father, but considering she has Alzheimer’s disease and is loosing her memory; I doubt she was talking about later husband. Mom remembers things that happened in her young adulthood, but not some of the thing that happened later in her life.

I told Mom that he was called into work because the business was short a person. She did not calm down. In fact, it took me several minutes to get her to listen to what I had to say. Even then, she did not stop crying. I finally had to give her some medication for agitation. Mom finally went back to sleep.

I went back to sleep for a little while myself, however, I did not sleep very long. I have too much work to accomplish today to lay in bed any later then necessary. I am going to let Mom sleep later today then usual, she had a tough night and she need her sleep. This is Sunday and Mom is not going to the Daycare center.

Note: The picture is of my parents when they were first married.

No comments: