Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The drain behind the washer (again)

Fidál (Grace), 16 Masá’il (Questions), 168 BE – Tuesday, December 27, 2011 about 1:45 PM Pacific Time

The drain behind the washer is doing it again. It is overflowing into the wall between my kitchen and living room. Then it is leaking into the living room. I do not know what the problem is this time. I do know I have no desire to go to the laundromat any more.

I called and left a message for the people who fixed the problem. Someone will get back to me. I will call back again tomorrow if I have not heard from anyone by 5:00 PM today. I will have to go back to the laundromat beginning Monday or Tuesday of next week if the issue is not resolved by then.

I have used the machine for several weeks without it overflowing. This is the first time it has overflowed in all the time I have been washing clothes since having it fixed. At least, I think this is the first time; I am sure I would have noticed water in my living room before this. The problem could be the sewer pipes, which are iron and have tree roots in them. I think there is something I can run down the drains to take care of the tree roots.

I have noticed that my kitchen sink is running slow, so the problem with the pipes behind the washer could have something to do with that. Oh well, at least Mom and I have clean clothes for a while.

Perhaps having the last pine tree in the front yard removed would help solve the issue of overflowing drainpipes. It is going to cost, at least, $800.00 to have the pine tree removed. True I had planned to have the tree removed in 2012, I just did not plan to have it removed until March or April, but now I may have to remove it before the end of January.

No comments: