Monday, March 10, 2008

My Grandmother cleaned house at Midnight

Kamál (Perfection), 9 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 164 B.E. – Monday, March 10, 2008 about 6:12 PM PST

My Grandmother cleaned house at midnight. It didn't matter whether it was spring or autumn, when she couldn't sleep she got up and cleaned house. I don't remember her running the vacuum cleaner, but she could have. My Grandfather could sleep through any type of noise. Once Grandpa went to sleep nothing could wake him up. Grandpa would snore and grandma would clean house.

Once I get to sleep there is only one thing that will wake me up. That is a baby crying, if there is a baby crying in the house or anywhere near that I can hear it wakes me up. That is the only thing that will wake me up. So my grandmother could have vacuum in the middle of the night and never woke any one else in the house up.

I always found Grandma's habit of cleaning house in the middle of the night intriguing. A few times I would wake up and find her dusting or washing dishes. I would ask her why she was up and she would say "I couldn't sleep."

No comments: