Friday, March 21, 2008

I got caught in a Traffic Jam today

Jalál (Glory), 2 Baha (Splendor), 165 B.E. – Friday, March 21, 2008 about 10:21 PM PDT

I got caught in a traffic jam today. Mom and I were returning home from going to the pet store on Charleston and Nellis. Charleston was closed down at the freeway and traffic was redirected onto the west bound lanes. I finally got onto 95 and then off on Eastern Ave.

It took us about an hour and a half to get onto and off 95. After we got off we stopped to get something to eat. I had not intention of coming home and putting something in the slow cooker. Tomorrow we're going to get an electric skillet. At least with an electric skillet I don't have to wait an hour for something to cook in the slow cooker.

We had planned to go to a poetry reading tonight, but the traffic jam took care of that. By the time we got home and ate, it was 7:00 PM ant the time the reading started. To get to where the reading is held on the third Friday, takes about 35 to 40 minutes so we stayed home tonight.

No comments: