Thursday, March 27, 2008

I need a new pair of shoes

Istijlál (Majesty), 7 Baha (Splendor), 165 B.E. – Thursday, March 27, 2008 about 5:09 PM PDT

It's spring and I haven't gotten a new dress or a new pair of shoes. I'm not talking about second hand shoes, I'm referring to a brand new pair. It's been several years since I bought myself a brand new pair of spring shoes. I don't even know what colors are in fashion this year. Not that it would matter when it comes to buying the shoes. I don't get the colors that are in fashion this year.

I'm much to practical to buy the in fashion colors. I take after my grandmother in that respect. She always bought dark brown or black shoes. That way the shoes went with any dress she had in her closet. Grandma would buy the colors of dress that were in fashion, but not shoes. Grandma grew up in a time when shoes had to last a long time, so black shoes were the proper color to buy because they went with everything.

I remember one Easter my grandparents or my mother, bought me a pair of white "Mary Jane's" to go with a pink dress and bonnet. I wore those shoes all year, but when Easter came around again I needed a new pair. I don't know what happened to those shoe because my sister got a pair of new shoes as well. My dresses were handed down to my sister, but I don't remember the shoes being handed down.

When I do get a new pair of shoes this year, I'll get either flats or a pair of sports shoes. Probably the sports shoes since they're more comfortable.

No comments: