Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Midweek Reflection on Religion, Spiritual, and Inspiration

'Idal (Justice), 7 Raḥmat (Mercy), 173 BE - Wednesday, June 29, 2016 about 11:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time 

The writing.com newsletters arrived in my inbox today. The title of the Spiritual newsletter was "Spiritual but not Religious?" And discussed the difference between spirituality and religion. The title of the short story newsletter was "What Happened?" and discussed inspiration resulting from news stories. The questions at the end of the short story newsletter whether the news inspired the reader even if the story were bad.  

These two newsletters got me to thinking about what inspires me. After a few minutes of meditation I realized that some of my inspiration comes from news stories, my religion, and my quest for spirituality. I also receive inspiration from taking morning walks. However, it is my religion and quest for spirituality that produce the most inspiration. 

I am one of those people who is both religious and spiritual. I know that a person can feel spiritual awe if he or she is not religious, however, with me my spiritual  pursuits go hand-in-hand with my religions. I have found, that even when a news story inspires me, my spiritual beliefs tend to show up in my finished work. 

No comments: