Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Midweek Reflections on Walking in Las Vegas

Idal (Justice), 19 Núr (Light), 173 BE - Wednesday, June 22, 2016 about 3:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

I have to get out and walk. Early in the morning, sometime after dawn, would be best because it is cooler. The problem with walking is that it's boring. The only ones out that early are the birds, cats, and dogs. I can say hi to them, but the don't  meow or bark back at me. The only time a dog barks that early is when it's chasing a cat or one of it's people has forgotten to let it back into their apartment. However, I need to get out and walk because I need to lose some weight. 

We've experienced excessive heat in Las Vegas for the past few days. The temperatures are going down, but it’s summer so the temperatures aren't going to get below 100 degrees. I'll put a bottle of water in the freezer tonight so that I can take it with me when I go for my exercise on Thursday. Tomorrow I have to pick up two prescriptions and deposit a check in the bank. Yes, I still go to the bank to deposit checks. If I used an app then I wouldn't have an excuse to get out of the house. 

If I go to the bank and use the ATM inside the bank then I have to get some exercise. Which is also the reason I go to my pharmacy to pick up my meds instead of having them mailed to me. I have to work with myself and one excuse to get out for exercise is as good as another. 

No comments: