Monday, June 06, 2016

Motivational Monday: Today's Motivation

Kamal (Perfection), 3 Núr (Light), 173 BE - Monday, June 6, 2016 about 5:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

What motivated me today? This morning my writing motivation was a question about the difference between prose poetry and a short-short story. I did a little research to find out the difference. I found that prose poetry focuses on metaphor, simile, and imagery with passages of rhythm, rhyme, and meter. While a short-short story focuses of character and plot. All right I already knew  that, but there is nothing wrong in doing a little research to find out that what you already knew was right. 

I was also motivated to pick up my Senior Commodity allotment today and go  to one of the food banks to get some other items. My SNAP allotment was cut down the last time I applied, so I will have to go to other food banks for some more food later this month. Next month I have to recertify for the Senior Commodities, so I am motivated to make out the paperwork for that. 

The only other interesting thing I did today was to apply for a burial plan. I am 69 years old and, even though I am in fair health, my eventual death and burial is something I need to consider. I have a burial lot paid for, but, as I found out when we buried my mother in 2012, there are other costs besides the lot and the casket. The burial plan will cost about $50.00 a month which means I am now motivated to figure out where that $50.00 will come from. You see, I am living on a fixed income so that money cuts into something else. However, I have to consider the extra cost of burying my body when my soul passes into the next world. 

No comments: