Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Midweek Reflections on working the Primary Election Polls

'Idal (Justice), 12 Núr (Light), 173 BE - Wednesday, June 15, 2016 about 6:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

On Tuesday, June 14, I worked from 6:00 AM to 7:30 PM at one of the primary election sites. I enjoy working the polls because of the interesting people I meet. The election site I worked at  yesterday was in my old neighborhood, so I saw some of my old neighbors. It was nice talking to them even though we did not have time for a long conversation. 

The joy was a bit tiring because I could not leave the polling place. I could get up and walk around in the building, but I could not go down to the sidewalk. I did not go and stand at the front entrance because of the heat. I will work the general election polls in November, but I am not sure if I will work in 2017, I have to wait and see how I feel after November. 

I was so tired when I came home yesterday that I went to sleep right after I ate supper and did not wake up until 9:00 AM this morning. When I left the house yesterday, I knew I would be behind, but I did not know how far behind I would be. It is going to take me all week to catch up with the surveys I take and the writing I have planned. That's all right because even though I came home tired last night, I enjoyed myself. Enjoying yourself is what is important.

No comments: