Sunday, April 03, 2016

The Apartment Building I lived in Last Century

Jamal (Beauty), 15 Bahá (Splendour), 173 BE - Sunday, April 3, 2016 about 12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time

This morning I took a thirty minute walk. I walked from my apartment up the street to 2218 Sunrise. Across the street from that apartment building is 2217, which was the building Mom and I lived in around 1989 or there about. The building has changed quite a bit since I lived there. When I was living in apartment 13, which was on the second floor, the building had a swimming pool in the center of the courtyard.

Today the building is boarded up, with no swimming pool. I think it must have been condemned sometime in the past few years. Now the building is green. Even the boards covering the windows are green. It is the ugliest two-story apartment building on the block. Of course, that may be because there is grass growing wild in parts of the courtyard. The building looks lonely, but then all empty buildings look lonely and forlorn.

I suppose eventually someone will purchase the property and remodel or whatever they decided to do. I don't know how long the building has been empty, but I suspect at least ten or fifteen years. Perhaps I should write a poem about the building from the building's point of view.

No comments: