Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thankful Thursday: The Last Thankful Thursday in April 2016

Istijlal (Majesty), 2 Jamál (Beauty), 173 BE - Thursday, April 28, 2016 about 8:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time 

It is the last thankful Thursday in April 2016, I give thanks for fresh brewed hot black coffee. I also give thanks for hot coffee with rich chocolate Ovaltine in it. In fact I have a lot of things to be thankful for this month and this year. 

I am thankful that I am still alive. At 69 years old I think that is an excellent achievement. I am also thankful for the ability to write poems, stories, and blog entries. Writing these things helps me remember the things I am thankful having and not having. 

Sometimes it is important for a person to realize the things one does not have. Knowing the things I do not have that would only cause me more stress is important. I have to watch my blood pressure, so the less stress I have the better off I am. 

I am grateful that all my prayers have been answered. God has answered everyone of my prayers. Sometimes the answer is no. Sometimes the answer is yes. Sometimes the answer is maybe. I know that these answers reveal God's love for me. 

I am grateful for Food Banks where I can receive much needed free food because my fixed income is fixed below the poverty level. Without the combination of the food I receive from the food banks, senior commodities, and SNAP I would either starve or become homeless because I would have to make a choice between food and shelter. 

I am grateful that I have a roof over my head and the ability to pay the power bill. I am also grateful that I have an air conditioner in my apartment because summer temperatures in Las Vegas rises into the triple digits. I am grateful that I can afford my medication. There are other things I am grateful to have; however, I will not list them at this time. I might list some of them in other Thankful Thursday entries. 

No comments: