Thursday, April 14, 2016

Thankful Thursday: Giving Thanks in Las Vegas

Istijlal (Majesty), 7 Jalál (Glory), 173 BE - Thursday, April 14, 2016 about 2:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time


It's Thursday,
a beautiful Las Vegas day
a day to give thanks.

I'm not going to list ten things I'm thankful for this afternoon because I have so many I don't know where to start. I know that I'm grateful for a roof over my head and shoes to wear. In fact, I purchased a new pair of shoes lost week. I purchased pink flip flops at Walgreens. I usually stop at this drug store once every couple of months because it isn't close to where I live and I have my prescriptions filled at a supermarket closer to where I live.

Anyway, we (my friend and I) stopped into Walgreens to get a package of personal items and some power steering fluid. When I went in, I found that the personal items were buy one and get one at half price, which I couldn't pass up. My friend brought two small bottles of power steering fluid to the cash register and some flip flops that looked like they would fit me. I hadn't planned to get the flip flops, but I saved so much money purchasing the half price item that I decided to buy the shoes as well.

Until I put the flip flops on I had forgotten how much I enjoyed wearing them. I hadn't bought myself a pair of new shoes in at least five years and it's been longer since I purchased flip flops. When I was younger I loved wearing flip flops in the summer, but I stopped wearing them when Mom and I lived in a second story apartment. I think I stopped because I couldn't wear them outside the apartment on a rainy day.

Thankful for flip flops
and a new phase of my life
summer is coming.
 

No comments: