Thursday, December 24, 2015

Thankful Thursday: A Thankful Thursday Birthday

Istijlal (Majesty), 13 Masá’il (Questions), 172 BE - Thursday, December 24, 2015 about 6:30 AM Pacific Standard Time


Today, I am 69 years young.

I was born on Tuesday, December 24, 1946 at eleven minutes before midnight. Today, I am thankful that I was born on Christmas Eve. I haven't always been thankful for my birthday. When I was younger, I wished my birthday was some other month besides December. Sometimes it is difficult to realize that a holiday birthday is a blessing.

During the holiday season it is difficult to find things to be thankful for. This is a hectic time of year with stress levels and irritation rising. Christmas Eve is the day last minute Christmas shoppers crowd the streets, the malls, and other stores. People are hurrying to buy that last minute gift to put under the tree. I do not drive on Christmas Eve because of the traffic. I do not go shopping on Christmas Eve because of the crowded malls and stores. I stay home on Christmas Eve unless someone else is picking me up and doing the driving.

01. I am thankful that Christmas Eve is my birthday.
02. I am thankful that I stay home on Christmas Eve.
03. I am thankful that I no longer celebrate Christmas.
04. I am thankful that Christ was born into this world.
05. I am thankful for the birthday cards I receive.
06. I am thankful for the Christmas cards I receive.
07. I am thankful for the memories of happy Christmases from my childhood.
08. I am thankful for the beautiful Christmas songs.
09. I am thankful for the parodies of Christmas songs.
10. I am thankful for the dress I purchased on Wednesday with a Christmas tree on the front.

Even though I do not celebrate Christmas, there are aspects of the holiday I enjoy. I enjoy listening to Christmas songs and carols, especially those that my Grandmother and Grandfather liked. I enjoy some of the Christmas specials, especially those I remember watching with my mother. Today and tomorrow I will stay at home, when I do go outside my apartment it will be for a short walk and to wish neighbors a Happy Holiday or Merry Christmas (depending on the winter holiday they celebrate).

No comments: