Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Midweek Reflections on 2015

'Idal (Justice), 19 Masá’il (Questions), 172 BE - Wednesday, December 30, 2015 about 8:51 AM Pacific Standard Time

It's been an interesting year and a stressful year. Why are interesting years always stressful years? I moved from a studio apartment into a two bedroom apartment. Two months latter a friend moved in with me to help with the housekeeping and cooking. I'm eating better because my diet is much more balanced. I don't eat a balanced diet if I have to cook for myself.

I appear to be catching up on some of my bills. It is easier to pay the power bill in this apartment then in the other one, but I'm not sure why. Perhaps this apartment is better insulated or the rooms are better arranged. I don't know how else you could arrange the rooms in a studio apartment; I just had a living area and a bathroom. This apartment has a two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a living room, but, so far, the electric bill was cheaper then in the studio. However, that may change next year.

This year I was able to purchase two new dresses, a blouse, a fanny pack, a hat, and a new hoodie. I still have to go through my closet because the blouse I put on this morning seems a little tight, so I may end up giving it away in January. I'll decide that when I take it off later today.

As I said, 2015 was an interesting and stressful year. I'm no longer feeling stress which may have something to do with my diet. It could also be that I'm being more conscious about putting stressful situations in God's hands. I'm glad things seem to be leveling out and praying that things continue at the same pace in the coming year.

No comments: