Sunday, December 20, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: Getting Back to the Spiritual Basics of Transformation

Jamal (Beauty), 9 Masá’il (Questions), 172 BE - Sunday, December 20, 2015 about 7:39 AM Pacific Standard Time

Several years ago, when I started this blog the theme was spiritual transformation. My expertise in this area comes from my own personal struggle to walk my chosen spiritual path. I did all right keeping to this theme in the early years, but then I got away from it. I got distracted because of difficulties or by difficulties I encountered in the quests for spiritual transformation and walking my spiritual path. As a result the entries to this blog suffered through lack of focus on the main topic.

My blog entries were not the only thing that suffered. My personal life suffered because of the lack of focus. I stopped attending spiritual services. I used several excuses for not attending the services, but the truth is I simply lost my way. I let the material aspects of life outweigh the spiritual. This has caused no end of problems in my personal life. Therefor I am returning to the basics of prayer, meditation, and scripture reading.

I have wanted to do this for a long time, but I kept putting it off. On December 24, 2015, I will turn 69 years old. I am in poor to fair health, therefore, I cannot procrastinate any longer. I have to make a list of the priorities which I want to accomplish before my soul ascends into the next world. One of those things is improving my writing ability. Writing about spiritual transformation will do that. It will also help me overcome some of the fears that have haunted my thoughts lately. Check back for further discussion on this subject and a list of the daily topic themes on Tuesday, December 22.

No comments: