Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Wish I Could Work Outside the Home

Fidál (Grace), 13 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Tuesday, November 16, 2010 about 10:35 AM Pacific Time

This morning Mom said, “I wish I could work outside the home.” I agree with her, unfortunately, neither of use can work outside the home. Mom cannot work because of her medical problems and me because I am her caregiver.

Mom had Alzheimer’s disease and needs around the clock care. True she suffers from moderate Alzheimer’s disease, but she still needs assistance when it comes to taking her medication and going to doctor’s appointments. Of course, Mom does not think she needs any assistance and I wish she did not.

Thanksgiving is next week, which is one of Mom’s favorite holidays. Mom always enjoyed cooking Thanksgiving dinner. This year I will make cranberry sauce from scratch. I remember Mom making cranberry sauce, when I was growing up. I will fix cranberry sauce here, but we will go out to eat on Thanksgiving Day.

No comments: