Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Freeze Watch in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 1 Qawl (Speech), 167 BE – Tuesday, November 23, 2010 about 2:48 PM Pacific Time

According to the subject line of today’s weather e-mail there is a freeze watch. Apparently, cold air is moving into the Las Vegas valley early on Wednesday morning and we can expect daytime temperatures 20 degrees below normal. In addition, the wind speed is supposed to increase and there is a chance of rain tonight.

All right, I expected this, but I hoped it would wait until after Thanksgiving. This means I have to start the car sometime tomorrow morning to see if there is a problem. I don’t expect any big problem, but you never know. It doesn’t hurt to start the car and let it run for a little while after the sun comes up. I think I’ll go check in the garage to see if I can drive the car in, the door won’t close, but at least the car will be in the garage.

I have to get gas tomorrow, so I’ll stop at the full service station and have the fluids checked just to be on the safe side. I have to wait until tomorrow because my check doesn’t hit the bank until Wednesday, November 24. I’m a member of Triple A, so if I do have difficulty starting the car, I can call the eight hundred number.

No comments: