Sunday, November 21, 2010

Autumn wind in Las Vegas

Jamál (Beauty), 18 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Sunday, November 21, 2010 about 1:40 PM

The wind blew all night. It is still blowing this morning, but not as hard. The sky is mostly cloudy. The sun is shining. The clouds are two toned. Their under parts are a light charcoal gray, the outside rims are bright white. It is a beautiful autumn day in Las Vegas.

The wind moves the limbs of the trees and oleanders. It chills me when I go outside. I am not going outside very much or staying very long. I took the trash and the recyclables to the garage; I also went out pick up today’s paper that was lying in the driveway.

Even with the wind chill factor, it is a nice autumn day in Las Vegas. The temperature in the house is a brisk 65 degrees, so we have to wear sweaters. I have to look for my fall and winter sweaters because I am not sure where they were stored. I found two sweater, but I know I have more then that and I know I am going to need to wear more then one sweater as autumn turns into winter.

The leaves on the neighbors oak trees are turning yellow, so it is beginning to look like fall as well as feel like fall. Thanksgiving is Thursday and after that, winter is on its way. Winter in Las Vegas is usually a nice time of year, but it does get a bit cold.

No comments: