Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Dreary Day in Las Vegas

Jalál (Glory), 17 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Saturday, November 20, 2010 about 3:18 PM Pacific Time

This morning the sun came out from under a cloud for about five minutes. Dirty gray clouds completely hide the desert sky. I think I heard thunder earlier today, but I could have heard a jet flying above the clouds.

This morning Mom and I went out for bread. I know a place that sometimes has day old bread to give away. I got two loaves of bread and two bags of bagels. I got a loaf of white bread, a loaf of wheat bread, plane bagels and onion bagels. Yesterday, I fixed vegetable soup and I thought the onion bagels would go good with the soup.

Today I cooked chicken breast in the slow cooker. After the chicken cooked, I took it out of the cooker and put in rice. While the rice cooked, I took the chicken off the bones. I completed the dish by adding the chicken and some of the vegetable soup to the rice. We will have soup for the next several day.

I knew this was soup weather this morning. When I came home from picking up the bread, I noticed that leaves on one of the neighbor’s oak tree had changed from green to gold. When the leaves change color then it’s time for homemade soup.

No comments: