Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Windy in Las Vegas

‘Idál (Justice), 8 Jalal (Glory), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, April 16, 2008 about 5:13 PM PDT

It's windy in Las Vegas. The wind has blown for the past couple of days scattering litter and pieces of palm trees across the streets. Small branches have blown off the stone pine trees and lay in my yard and driveway. I'm not sure when the wind is going to die down. I haven't watched the news in a couple of days.

If the wind keeps up, I'm going to have to have someone get the pine needles off my roof. I can't leave them lying up there because when it rains they get wet. It isn't a good idea to leave wet pine needles lying on the roof. True my shingles aren't wooden, they only look that way. Still the wet needles will mildew and mold.

The wind's been strong and the wind chill factor has kept the temperatures low. I like that because the cooler it temperatures outside the house, means I don't have to turn the air conditioner on. The air conditioner that runs up the power bill. The later I turn the cool air on, the lower my power bill is. I like seeing a power bill under $200, I'm not sure I will considering that the rates have gone up, but I hope I will. I'm not sure that I'm looking forward to summer because of the cost of electricity.

No comments: