Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I find myself missing Oklahoma

Fidál (Grace), 19 Baha (Splendor), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, April 8, 2008 about 12:36 PM PDT

Lately,
I've found myself missing Oklahoma.

Maybe it's the carefree existence of my childhood I miss
and not the state of Oklahoma;
to be young and worry free
without debts or responsibility.

Perhaps that's what I miss
or is it something else about my childhood
that makes me want to see my grandparents again.

Mother's Day is approaching
and I remember not saying good-bye to my grandmother
before she died.

Lately,
I found myself dreaming of my grandparents' home,
the dream is reoccurring
the location is always the same,
but the people are different.

My mother and I
are always in the dream,
but sometimes its my grandparents' house
with cousins and distant relatives,
but not my grandparents.

At other times my grandparents
are in the dream,
with every pet I've ever had.

No comments: