Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday Afternoon

Jalál (Glory), 4 Jalal (Glory), 165 B.E. – Saturday, April 12, 2008 about 2:24 PM PDT

It's Saturday afternoon
the sky is a cloudless blue
a slight breeze blows through
the stone pines and olive trees
in my front yard.

It's Saturday afternoon
there's a slight chill in the air,
the neighborhood is quiet
and there is nothing on T.V.

It’s Saturday afternoon
I don’t have to plan the week ahead
because it’s already planned;
Monday through Friday
from 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM job training;
Monday afternoon a 2:00 PM appointment;
Tuesday afternoon more to do then I have time for
in one afternoon;
Wednesday through Friday unplanned as yet.

It's Saturday afternoon
and I still have income tax to do,
but all I want to do
is listen to the wind blowing
through the stone pine trees.

It's Saturday afternoon
and I'm going to finish this poem
before making another pot of coffee
and doing the income tax.

No comments: