Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Why I Like Ice Water

Fidál (Grace), 2 Jamál (Beauty), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, April 29, 2008 about 6:06 PM PDT

I realized today why I like to drink ice water. I drink ice water all year around. I drink it in the winter when there is snow on the ground. I want my water ice cold in the spring, summer and autumn. I can't stand to drink water that doesn't have ice in it or isn't cold.

This comes from my childhood. When I was growing up, we didn't have bottled water. When I was a child, we got our drinking water out of the kitchen faucet. My grandmother and mother would put the water in a glass pitcher in the fridge. If we got water out of the facuet, we put ice in the glass before we turned the faucet on and filled the glass.

Today when I buy bottled water in the store, I buy it cold or I take it home and put it in the fridge before drinking it. If it gets warm before I finish the bottle. I put the bottle back in the fridge or I put ice in a glass and pour the water over it. I cannot stand to drink water that is room temperature or above. The water has to be cold or I can't drink it.

It's amazing sometimes how the things I learned in childhood stayed with me. I'm not sure I could change the way I drink water, even if I wanted to. I can't stand water that isn't cold. If I drink water that is room temperature, I take a couple of sips and can't drink any more. I suppose if I were thirsty I would drink an entire glass of room temperature water, but it would take me a long time.

No comments: