Sunday, April 13, 2008

Photos in My Closet

Jamál (Beauty), 5 Jalal (Glory), 165 B.E. – Sunday, April 13, 2008 about 4:37 PM PDT

I looked in my closet today and found three boxes of photos setting on the floor. I'm going to have to go through them and find out all I can about them. Ask my mother what she remembers, then scan them onto my hard drive and burn them onto CDs. Perhaps compose a document about the photos to go on the CD.

Most of the photos are of family members; my grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. There is no use having photos if you don't know the history surrounding them. My mother is 87 and if I don't get the information now, I'm afraid I'll never get it. Then what do I do with the photo, just throw them away if there isn't any information to accompany them.

Don't get me wrong, I have destroyed photos before. I found the photo of a ex-boy friend and destroyed it. Actually, what I did was tear it up into small pieces and put it in the cats litter box, but that was a different situation. I don't like throwing family photos away because there is a history behind them that needs remembering.

No comments: