Sunday, December 10, 2006

Zee

19 Qawl 163 B.E. - December 10, 2006 at 11:25:38 PM PST

Zee is the end of the alphabet, 19 Qawl is the end of the month of Speech (Qawl), December is the end of the Gregorian year and this is the end of the alphabetical entries in this blog. I’ll start a different theme group of entries beginning on 1 Masa’il, which means I’ll either make the entry on the evening of December 11 when I get back from the Feast of Masa’il (Questions) or on the morning of December 12.

Since my birthday is on December 24, which is 13 Masa’il I’m thinking of doing a birthday series. A celebration of my first annual sixtieth birthday, that’s right I said my first annual sixtieth birthday. A poet I know has celebrated his fiftieth birthday for the past four or five years. Every year he has a birthday party at a poetry reading to commemorate his “annual fiftieth” birthday.

I think sixty is a good age to stop having birthdays. Although, my mother is eighty-five and she celebrates every year by adding one to her age. So maybe getting beyond sixty isn’t so bad after all. My mother writes poetry; in fact she didn’t start composing poetry until she was eighty-one or eighty-two. Not only that, but she shill worked in the public until the age of eighty-three. She’s still doing pretty good, still going strong and taking Ruhi study classes.

As I said, this is the end of the Alphabetical title series and I start a different title theme tomorrow. This time I’m going to post photos and pictures with the series. Maybe start with photos of myself when I was younger or other items that mean something and I can scan.

No comments: