Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Question of Age

1 Masa’il 163 B.E. - December 12, 2006

After thinking about my upcoming birthday for a while, I have decided that I am looking forward to my mature years. Therefore, I am not going to have a reoccurring sixtieth birthday party or celebration every year. I know several people who are in their late seventies and early eighties, who get along well and are having a ball.

I still haven’t decided how I’m going to celebrate this year. Maybe I’ll just stay home and review stories and poems on writing.com. I could just as easily go out, but if I do that I have to drive on Christmas Eve and I prefer not to celebrate my birthday by driving in the Last Minute Christmas Shopping Traffic. In addition, I enjoy reviewing poetry, stories and articles that posted on writing.com.

I don’t know why I’m spending so much time deciding what to do. Normally I just stay home and either read or go online and surf the web. My brothers and sisters live in other towns and won’t get around at that time. They will call and we’ll talk a little while.

I suspect that the idea of turning sixty is encouraging me. There was a time when I didn’t want anyone to know my age, but it doesn’t matter any more. Age is just a state of mind. If one feels old then that person is old. I don’t feel old, I feel excited and looking forward to the future; looking forward to traveling and seeing the Baha’i Holy places. ‘Abdu’l-Baha was in his seventies when he visited America in the early 1900s. Travel then was difficult, instead of taking a plane; he traveled on an ocean liner and not a luxury liner like those of today.

The photo I’m posting with this entry is of myself as a very small child. I’m not sure how old I was when the photo was take, but not very old.




No comments: