Friday, December 29, 2006

Used All My Gift Cards

18 Masa’il 163 B.E. - December 29, 2006

I’ve used all my gift cards this year. Not that I had all that many, I used two at the Red Lobster. Mom and I got the seafood stuffed sole for lunch. It came with baked potato (there were other choices) and a salad. The Red Lobster lunch was my birthday celebration. My birthday is December 24, but I avoid going out on Christmas Eve because of the last minute Christmas shoppers. So we went out to eat today and used the two gift cards I had to that restaurant.

The other gift card was a to Border’s Books. I went into the store, rather than ordering online. I enjoy going into bookstores and prefer to shop for my reading material in a brick and mortar store. The books I got were Sixty Things To Do When You Turn Sixty edited by Ronnie Sellers and The One Year Great Songs of Faith: 365 Devotions Based on Popular Hymns Compiled and edited by Robert K. Brown and Mark R. Norton with Devotions written by William J. Petersen and Randy Petersen. The Great Songs of Faith give the words to the hymns and gives information about their writing.

No comments: