Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ruhi

12 Qawl 163 B.E. - December 3, 2006 at 8:23:46 PM PST

I think I’ve mentioned this before, but my mother and I are taking two different Ruhi classes right now. One is Book 4: The Twin Manifestations and it takes place every other Saturday morning from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Although for December there will be a slight change to that schedule, we won’t meet again until December 30. The other is Book 6: Teaching the Cause and it meets every Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. There are slight changes to the December schedule for this as well, we will still be meeting every week, it’s just that two of those weeks the days will change.

This weekend we received homework in both the classes. In the Book 4 class we’re supposed to do some an art project either write a poem or do a picture. I haven’t asked Mom what she is going to do, my mother is 85 years old and she composes poems as well as does some other art.

I started the poem today. It’s going to be about the events that occurred in the Siyah-Chal (The Black Pit), but I don’t know what I’m going to call it yet. I haven’t even given it a working title, which is unusual because normally I give any poem a working title the first thing. However, if I don’t that usually means that the title I do give it is the one that will stay with the poem.

The homework for Book 6 is to create a personal teaching plan. I have four pages of questions to answer. There are just nine questions, but I have to write the answers in and take it back to the meeting in two week. That’s time enough to read the questions through, then pray and meditate about the answers. This is going to be fun, I’ve tried coming up with a personal teaching plan before, but this is the first time that I’ve attempted to go about it systematically. Looking at the paper for the personal teaching plan, I think I’ll answer the questions on the page and then copy them into Writing My Spiritual Journey Journal.

No comments: