Sunday, December 03, 2006

Quirky

11 Qawl 163 B.E. - December 3, 2006

I’ve been feeling a little quirky lately, maybe it has something to do with the cold temperatures here in Las Vegas. Thursday and Friday, we go down to freezing for the first time this year. Or it could be that it’s now December and my birth month. My birthday is the 24th and, for once in a year or two, I’m looking forward to that day. This year I will be sixty years old, that’s right the big 6 0.

I’m considering ways to celebrate. Maybe have my first annual 60th birthday party or something like that. Although, considering that it’s December, it’s probably too late to get the invitations out and expect them to be delivered before the 24th, besides if I made a cake it would have to be in the microwave oven. I’m also considering actually going out on the 24th and celebrate in a restaurant. Normally I don’t like to drive on Christmas Eve, too many last minute shoppers going from mall to mall looking for the perfect Christmas gift. I’m not considering going to a mall, I don’t mind crowds as long as I’m having fun, but I stop having fun in a crowded mall.

The only thing that appeals to me is the birthday celebration, but there is only my mother and me. And I can’t think of anything but a small party or celebration of some type. I’d really like to do something different, maybe ride in a hot air balloon or perhaps the Las Vegas monorail. I haven’t ridden the monorail yet. What else haven’t I done that appeals to me? I’m not sure just yet. Maybe I’ll think of something interesting soon.

No comments: