Friday, December 08, 2006

Writing

16 Qawl 163 B.E. – December 8, 2006

Writing is therapeutic! Getting both the bad of the past down on paper helps me heal. Writing helps, me let go of the emotions and accept the blessings of survival. When I write about a situation, I let go of the obsession, of the worry and the fear that it caused in my life. I learn to forgive. Writing allows me to put down on paper what I remember. It’s amazing that when I start writing about a situation, I find small details that I would miss other wise.

Writing poetry and short stories if my way of finding my authentic self and helps me find the self that traumatic experiences concealed beneath layers of wounds and scar tissue. The occurrence of a painful event wounds the soul. Writing about the event, no matter what form that writing takes helps the healing process and helps me to let go of the event and heal the wound.

No comments: