Sunday, May 29, 2016

Welcome to the Last Sunday in May 2016

Jamal (Beauty), 15 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur), 173 BE - Sunday, May 29, 2016 about 8:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time 

Last Sunday in May 
And it's a beautiful day 
I'm writing the blues away 

Welcome to the last Sunday in May 2016. Here in Las Vegas under bright sunny skies I am dealing with the Sunday morning blues. I am attempting to write them away. It would be easier if I knew why I was feeling this way.  

There could be several reasons I am feeling this way. I most obvious reason is that it is the end of May. Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer and the only thing I have planned for summer is to remain home. I am planning to read several books, write some stories, and poem. I also plan to listen to the neighbors dogs barking for no obvious reason.  

Figuring out why the dog is barking could be a good plot for a stories. Now I have to figure out whether it is a mystery or horror story. I am attempting to get out of my box and write genre I normally don' t use. I read mysteries, horror, fantasy, and science fiction, but I usually write science fiction and fantasy. 

Writing the blues away seems to be working. I am in a better mood, but that could be the coffee. I just finished my first cup of coffee. I will post this so that I can get on with something else. I want to write a Memorial Day poem, but I have not  decided on a subject. 

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I feel a little untethered myself. Yes creativity helps. Thanks for your blog...

Claudia