Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunday Speculations on Technology and Phobias

Jamal (Beauty), 19 Jamál (Beauty), 173 BE - Sunday, May 15, 2016 about 8:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time 

If I were superstitious then Friday's incident with technical difficulties would make me make me afraid of Friday the  Thirteenth. Despite the problems I had Friday everything seems to be working well today. I am not superstitious about things like that. I do not know what caused the problem on Friday, but it appears cleared up  today. 

I have to admit that technology could make a person prone to phobias. I am not saying a person does not have something to fear from technology especially if you have liquid around a computer. A leak in the roof above a computer could cause problems as well. However, none of these warrant unreasonable fear and that is what a phobia is. 

I really do not need to acquire any more phobias. I finally managed to deal with arachnophobia and I can now kill a spider in my house without screaming. I can also deal with mice without jumping up on a chair and screaming, but I am not sure I can say the something about rats. Of course, we do not have any rats in the apartments I live in. We do have mice, but no rats. 

No comments: