Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Midweek Reflections on Monsoon Season in Las Vegas

'Idal (Justice), 8 Raḥmat (Mercy), 172 BE - Wednesday, July 1, 2015 about 5:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time

It's that time of year again and the monsoonal moisture is rolling in. The temperature for the past couple of weeks have ranged between 100 to 110 degrees. When I went to the bank this afternoon the temperature was around 106 degrees with fluffy while clouds in the sky. Normally I don't go out when the temperature exceeds 100 degrees, but I had no choice today.

I'm home now, but all I want to do is drink water or some other type of liquid. I'm not hungry so I don't think I'll eat anything. I might drink some almond or coconut milk after while. I took a bottle of water with me and when I stopped at Seven-Eleven I purchase a cherry Slurpee. The Slurpee satisfied my hunger because it was sweet. Now all I want to do is drink water and relax a little while. I still have some housework today, but that's going to have to wait for a little longer.

I don't mind the monsoonal moisture, as long as I don't have to deal with triple digit temperatures. The only thing we've had for that past few days is clouds and high temperatures. Neither thunder storms nor rains have materialized so all we have is humidity and triple digit temperatures and that isn't an enjoyable combination.

No comments: