Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Midweek Reflections on Cleaning out the refrigerator

'Idal (Justice), 3 Kalimát (Words), 172 BE - Wednesday, July 15, 2015 about 8:06 am Pacific Daylight Time

I began cleaning out the refrigerator yesterday. I begin by making chicken soup. I used the leftover chicken from a roasted bird I purchased on Monday. When I purchased the chicken, the first thing I ate was the legs, thighs, and wings. I put the breast part back in the refrigerator because I wanted to use it for a sandwich. I ate part of it in the sandwich yesterday, but then I decided I needed the rest for broth so that I could start cleaning out the refrigerator.

What, you may ask, does chicken broth have to do with cleaning out the refrigerator? I need the chicken broth because I had some sweet peppers, onions, and baby carrots waiting to be used. I didn't know how long they were in the refrigerator, so I decided to fix them in a soup. There appear to be more carrots in the soup then I want, so today I will freeze some of them for later use. I still have more shelves in the refrigerator to do, but I'm not sure I will get to it today.

Today, after I take out the trash, I have to clean off a desk in the living room and move it into my bedroom. I'm getting some furniture on Thursday afternoon. The desk and the living room set I'm getting won't fit in the same room therefore I have to move the desk because I want both the couch and the chairs in the living room. Moving the desk means that my July refrigerator cleaning will take more then one day.

No comments: