Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thankful Thursday: The Second Thankful Thursday in May 2015

Istijlal (Majesty), 17 Jamál (Beauty), 172 BE - Thursday, May 14, 2015 4:10 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Today I am thankful...

01. ...for my sense of humor because without it I would be a very boring and depressed person. My sense of humor helps me through my depression by by chasing the away the dark clouds hiding the joys of life or at least by turning my tears into hysterical peals of laughter.

02. ...that I can always find something on Facebook to make me laugh. When I find something I think is funny I repost it so that I can share the laughs. It is a well know fact that laughter increases person lifespan.

03. ...for the five ballpoint pens I received when I went to the food bank yesterday. Now I do not have to look all over my apartment for a pen that works when I need to take a message or write down a poetry or story idea.

04. ...that the prescription I picked up today did not cost me anything. This means that I still have $5.00 in my purse for gas or something else.

05. ...for the silence and the tranquility that is pervading my apartment and mind this afternoon. It is nice to write without disturbing music echoing from next door.

06. ...that I rode one of those electric carts through the store when I went shopping this morning. I enjoyed driving the little cart and sit was much easier then driving a car.

07. ...for the rain we received in Las Vegas late last night and early this morning because it cooled the temperatures down enough that I do no have to use the air conditioning today.

08. ...that the wind is blowing and keeping the temperatures cool here in Las Vegas.

09. ...for the tomatoes I received when I went to the food bank on Wednesday, May 13, because I can now have tomatoes in my chicken salad.

10. ...that my checking account is not overdrawn.

No comments: