Monday, May 11, 2015

Meditation Monday: Monday Morning Miracles

Kamal (Perfection), 14 Jamál (Beauty), 172 BE - Monday, May 11, 2015 about 8:21 am Pacific Daylight Time


Monday miracle
I woke up without pain
and got out of bed.

It is a beautiful Monday morning here in Las Vegas. I have consumed two or three cups of coffee, ate a small container of yogurt, and written approximately 650 words in response to blog prompts from three writing.com blog groups. I have changed my mind twice about going to the supermarket later today. At this moment I have no intentions of going because I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I can stop at the supermarket after I leave the doctor's office.

Monday miracle
at dawn I heard a rooster crow
and birds sing.

It is a miraculous Monday morning here in Las Vegas or at least in my neighborhood. The sun cast dark shadows across the sidewalk and streets while birds walk-hop on the ground searching for food. The sky is blue with wisps of ghost clouds flowing either from west to east or from east to west. A tranquil feeling permeates the atmosphere along Sunrise Avenue while two or three streets over dog bark.

Monday miracle
the city wakes up, stretches,
yawn, and goes to work.
 

No comments: