Monday, July 01, 2013

One Test After Another

Fiḍál (Grace), 9 Raḥmat (Mercy), 170 BE - Monday, July 1, 2013 about 9:10 PM Pacific Time

Extreme heat warnings and triple digit temperatures are bad enough, but now my cell phone doesn't work. It worked this morning, but this evening it is dark. I can't make any calls and when I put it on the charger it doesn't respond. I call customer service (on the land line) and was told there was a three hour wait. I, therefore, went to the website and sent an e-mail. I will try customer service again in the morning.

It is just one test after another. The triple digit temperatures, I can handle or at least tolerate. The extreme heat warnings, I can deal with, as long as I remain hydrated and can find a cool place in the afternoon. I am not sure what I will do without a cell phone. I know that I spent years without one. I know that I have a land line, so I am not cut off from the world.

The cell phone has become a part of me. It is an extension of who I am. Perhaps I have become too dependent on it. It has all my contact numbers, which I did not back up in another document. If the numbers are still in the phone's memory when I get it working again, if I get it working again. In the meantime, I will send e-mails to everyone reminding them of the land line number and asking them for their phone numbers.



No comments: