Sunday, July 07, 2013

Thunderstorm Sunday in Las Vegas

Jamál (Beauty), 14 Rahmat (Mercy), 170 BE – Sunday, July 7, 2013 about 10:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time

We had a small thunderstorm her in Las Vegas, I did not see any lightning, but I did hear thunder and see rain, so I suppose lightning occurred. I turned off the computers, fixed myself breakfast, and sat down on the couch to compose blog entries during the storm. It has stopped raining and I do not hear any more thunder; I think the storm has passed. I will finish this entry and my breakfast before posting this to my blog.

As I look out my window, I can see the limbs of the neighbors’ oak trees waving. I can also see patches of blue sky between the clouds, so it may not rain in my neighborhood any more today. Since I do not hear any thunder grumbling, I am going to put more ice in my coffee and go back to the computers.

I enjoyed the little bit of rain. The rain was gentle and there was not enough of it to flood the area. There could be flash flood warnings for the Las Vegas area, but unless were get more rain I doubt that we have to worry about the flood problem today. I will have to check the local news later to find out if it rained on Mount Charleston or in the canyons surrounding it. They could use some rain up there to help extinguish the Carpenter Canyon fire.

No comments: