Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I got lost again this morning

Fidál (Grace), 11 Kalimát (Words), 170 BE – Tuesday, July 23, 2013 about 5:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I got lost this morning, but this time I know how I got lost. I turned right instead of left. When I turned right, I thought I was turning east and I was actually turning west.

This incident occurred about noon, so the sun was high in the sky. I do not think this had anything to do with me getting lost because I did not look at the location of the sun. I finally figured out I was going west on Tropicana instead of east.

I made a u-turn at a stop light with the turn signal green. It is not a good idea to make a u-turn if you only have a blinking yellow light because oncoming traffic does not stop since they have a green light. All right, I do not trust some of the drivers here in Las Vegas or for that matter in any other city where I am driving.

I made the u-turn and went back east on Tropicana until I came to Maryland Parkway. I turned north onto Maryland, which was a left off Tropicana. I knew I was going north because of the gas stations and fast food restaurants on the corner of Tropicana and Maryland. It was then that I realized why I get lost.

I do know my right hand from my left hand, but I am not always sure which way is west, east, north or south. I can find my directions if I know the landmarks on the corners; however, if I am in a strange section of the city and do not know the landmarks then I do not know which direction I turn.

No comments: