Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Monsoonal Moisture and Triple Digit Temperatures

Fidál (Grace), 16 Rahmat (Mercy), 170 BE – Tuesday, July 9, 2013 about 3:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I drove to the Baha’i Center about 11:30 this morning. There was a partial cloud cover, which seemed to cool the temperature. I do not have a working air conditioner in my car, so I have to drive with one window down. Driving to the west side of town was comfortable and pleasant.

Today was the Commemoration of the Martyrdom of the Bab. During the program consisted of prayers, a biography of the Bab, videos were shown, and a lunch was served. The lunch consisted of sandwiches, potato salad, vegetables, and desert. I left about around 1:30 pm and drove directly back to the house.

As I drove back, to the east side of Las Vegas I noticed the heat and the humidity more then I did earlier. Of course, it was afternoon and that is when the temperatures rise into the triple digits. The clouds had started to move out of the valley, I noticed more close to the mountains then I did above the valley. Still the humidity made the drive home a little uncomfortable. I think I will have to roll down another window when I drive the car in the afternoon.

No comments: