Tuesday, July 30, 2013

August Approaches

Fiḍál (Grace), 18 Kalimát (Words), 170 BE - Tuesday, July 30, 2013 about 7:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time

August approaches
triple digit temperatures:
Can we expect rain?

August is the start of school, at least that is the way I remember it from my childhood. Now August means more triple digit temperatures. Now August is just another hot month with worries about the power bill and staying cool. Sometimes I miss the Augusts of my childhood, but them I remember the Oklahoma heat and humidity. I was miserable! I did not like the heat rash and I could not get rid of it throughout August.

July is ending
wind and monsoonal moisture:
Will I miss the rain?

The heat and humidity does not bother me as much  in Nevada. During monsoon season, I notice the drop in temperature that come with the clouds and the rain. Is this because I am older? Is this because I can cope better with the heat? Is this because I have more important things to worry about? The answer to all three of those questions could be yes.


No comments: