Saturday, July 13, 2013

Driving in Las Vegas

Jalál (Glory), 1 Kalimát (Words), 170 BE – Saturday, July 13, 2013 about 2:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I went to the bank this morning to deposit a check at the ATM. I noticed three different cars doing things they should not have done, but there were no traffic officers to catch them. I know that the patrol cars cannot be every place at once. I know that the police do the best they can, so we drivers must be on the lookout and drive defensively.

The driver of the first car had a dog in the car with her. The dog was sticking its head out of the driver’s side window and she had a hold of its collar attempting to keep the dog from jumping out of the car. I do not know if she was wearing a seat belt, I do know dog should have been in the backseat with a seat belt on. I think you can get seat belts for dogs at anyone of the pet stores.

The driver of the second car ran a red light from the left turn lane. He did not turn left, but instead through that lane and ran the light going south on Maryland Parkway. All the cars in the other lanes were stopped waiting for the light to change, which it was about to do. However, the driver of the fast car apparently did not want to wait or (giving him the benefit of the doubt) did not have working breaks.

The driver of the third car was going west on Oakey Street and made a left turn from the wrong lane. I was in the turn lane waiting for the light to change and the driver of the third car was to my left in a lane that is not a turn lane. When the light turned green I he put on the gas and turn across three lanes of Maryland Parkway in front of me. Fortunately, he was faster at getting his foot off the brake and onto the gas.

It is unusual to witness three different poor driving incidents in one trip. I am glad that I said a prayer of protection before I backed out of my garage for the drive to the bank. I am going to continue saying a prayer of protection before backing out of my garage.


No comments: