Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Midweek Reflections on Laundry

‘Idál (Justice), 19 Sharaf (Honor), 168 BE – Wednesday, January 18, 2012 about 6:45 AM Pacific Time

The plumber worked on the pipes behind the washer yesterday. He fixed them so that they drain properly when the washing machine is in the spin cycle and releasing water. I can now catch up on the laundry.

I’m not sure how long it will take to catch up completely. I have about five baskets of dirty clothes waiting. In addition, several items lay over a chair in Mom’s room I have to check to determine if they are clean or dirty. However, those will have to wait because I want to get the clothes in the laundry baskets washed first.

Since I don’t have a dryer, I have to hang the clothes in the house or on the line. The only clothes I’m hanging on the line are sheets, I like the way sheets smell when they dry outside. The problem is that I can only hang four at a time and these short days that means I can only wash four sheets and I have more then that to catch up.

In the spin cycle
The washer sings morning’s song
A new day begun

No comments: